It’s a tough time of the year for many. You’re running around, finishing up your holiday shopping, baking every treat under the sun, socializing with people you don’t see any other time of year, wrapping up as much work as possible to be able to clock out for the next while, setting resolutions to better yourself in the new year, and all while trying to stay holly and jolly.
Being the most wonderful time of the year, it also can be the most stressful. But we can easily tap into our gratefulness and happiness so we don’t get bogged down by the many demands of the holiday season.
I encourage you to try out one or two of the tips listed below during the next few days and check in with how you feel afterward. A simple moment to yourself can be all the difference in making this season merry and bright.
Tips to stay grateful and zen:
- Slow down. Pause at any movement when you’re feeling overwhelmed; sit/stand tall, close your eyes, and take 5 deep rounds of inhales & exhales.
- Take a bath. Light some candles, turn on some low music, drop in some smell-good oil, turn off the lights, and just chill.
- Put together a puzzle. Sit in a quiet room (maybe some low music) and just focus on the puzzle and don’t worry about your to-do list for a short break.
- Get outside and breath in the fresh air. If it’s not too cold and icy, take a walk.
- Treat yo’self. Go get a massage, hair done, manicure, pedicure, or spray tan. Something that is just for you.
- Read a fictional book. Drop into a story that allows you to check away out of reality for a short time.
- Dance. Turn on some music and just move your body in any way that feels good.
Happy Holiday loves.