This time of year can be super exciting for some and daunting for others. I know for myself, I’m not a big Valentine’s person. I never got into the spirit of the holiday and maybe that’s because I never truly celebrated it with someone special enough. But this day doesn’t need to be about a specific significant other. We found that out with Leslie Knope’s infamous Galentine’s Day.
I think this holiday can be beneficial to celebrate everyone we love in our lives, including ourselves. Personally, I love to spend the day pampering myself, not just around Valentine’s Day, because every once in a while it is definitely needed to step away from all your hard work and show yourself a little love.
So if not today or tomorrow, in the next couple days treat yourself to a couple of the following:
- Taking a bubble bath with candles
- Enjoy a nice bottle of wine (maybe a little more than you’d normally spend)
- Find a new book to indulge in
- Treat yourself to a decadent dessert
- Dress up nice
- Get your nails done
- Cook yourself a nice dinner
- Spend an hour or two outside exploring (technology free)
- Dance freely to a new playlist
- Sit at a bar and talk to the person next to you
- Hold the door for someone
- Buy someone coffee or lunch
I hope you enjoy your holiday no matter what you’re doing to celebrate and remember to remind yourself how amazing you are. ❤️