These cookies have been my favorite treat for years! I have a strong obsession with the combination of orange and cranberry that I discovered in College and I honestly can’t get enough. Since moving into my new apartment, I don’t have all the baking ingredients and am not the biggest baker but wanted a sweet treat yesterday and decided it was worth a trip to the store.
These cookies are definitely an indulgent but if you do have the option to substitute the flour for almond flour and sugar for stevia.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 Orange peel (grated)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Combine sugar, butter, and egg in a bowl and mix until creamy.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, and baking soda. If content is too dry, add a small amount of melted butter. The mixture might be crumbly, but should be able to roll into small balls.
- Stir in cranberries and orange peel.
- Shape cookies into one inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until edges start to turn slightly dark brown. Don’t over bake.
- Cool for 1 minute.