Crystal, Gems + Stone series:
Selenite gets its name from the Greek goddess of the moon, Selene. This selenite meaning is easy to see when it reflects light, often appearing as a rock fallen directly from the moon. This crystal is powerful in healing and meditation. It’s feminine energy has many powers and benefits.
Selenite, also known as satin spar, desert rose, or gypsum flower are four crystal structure varieties of the mineral gypsum. These four varieties of gypsum may be grouped together and called selenite. Found often in Australia, Greece, Mexico, and the US, and has a milky sheen that illuminates from the surface. You might commonly see Selenite come in stick or rod forms and also the polished form, known as “cat’s eye”.
Selenite is one of the most important tools in metaphysical wellness worker’s arsenals. The powerful vibrations of Selenite can clear, open, and activate the Crown and Higher Chakras. It brings clarity to the mind and a halo of calming peace. It’s excellent during meditation because it connects with cleansing white light vibrations.
How to use Selenite:
- Excellent gemstone cleanser.
- If you feel that the energy of a certain stone is dull or less vibrant than it used to be, clear it using selenite. If you have a large selenite block, you can lay your other stone on top of the block overnight to recharge.
- If you have a selenite wand, you can set your other stone beside it for the same duration of time until the energy has been rejuvenated.
- I prefer to set mine on a windowsill under a full moon and place other gems around it to recharge and cleanse simultaneously.
- Recharge selenite with full moon light, prayer, & gratitude.
- Amplify energy
- Connects with white light vibrations.
- Can enhance flexibility and awareness.
- It can be used in tandem with other stones to amplify and manipulate the intended effect.
- For reiki practice, you’ll need both a wand and smaller stones to place at the chakra points.
- The wand should be used before you begin the reiki to clear the negativity and tension. Hold the wand above their body and bring it down from head to toe moving along the spine.
- After reiki, close the session by placing the small stones on the chakra points to align and balance their harmony.
- Harmonizing Meditation
- Clearing energy.
- If seated, place in one or both palms or nearby while meditating.
- If lying down, use a selenite wand over the chest, with one end pointed toward the crown chakra and the other pointed toward the root chakra. Repeat a mantra, such as: “I take in the light, I am the light.”
Do you enjoy using Selenite or have you never used the gem before and are intrigued by it? I’d love to hear your personal preferences!
Have a wonderful Monday loves!