Hey lovelies! Took a quick mental break for a second from a lot of posting while life was moving quickly. Sometime you need that!
But I wanted to share my homemade protein bar recipe this evening. This is a treat I’ve been messing around with for a few years now to really try to find out what ingredients I really enjoy to eat. Protein bars are fun because you can really make them your own and this is a treat I don’t mind indulging in because everyone can use a little more protein in their lives, am I right?
- 2 cups creamy organic peanut butter (make sure the ingredients are truly only just peanuts)
- 1 tbsp agave oil (can also use honey)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Additional ingredients by desire: mini dark chocolate chips, m&ms, peanuts
- Mix peanut butter and agave in medium size bowl
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients until blended
- Pour into 8×8 pan and chill in the fridge
- Once set up, slice into 1in square bars