My biggest concern with holidays is the lack of healthy options that are usually available for big meals. We are all prepared to indulge to some extent but I also enjoy balance. I’ve come to an age where I can tell if I don’t get enough vegetables in within a day and trust me, I don’t end up being very pleasant by the end of the day. Which means it is very important for me to have some kind of greens on my plate almost every meal. This dish is an excellent protein packed, healthy side option if you are already a fan of caprese salad.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 package of Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/4 cup fresh Basil leaves (torn to small pieces)
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- Half diced Cucumber
- Salt + Pepper
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil on stovetop. Pour in quinoa and shimmer until water is fully absorbed.
- Transfer cooked quinoa into medium size bowl.
- Add in all other ingredients and blend.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours – 3 days. Flavors will intensify and absorb over time.
This is my new favorite sunny day, porch relaxing dish.