This recent snowy weather has put me in the mood for my favorite soup; Chicken Tortilla. Not only is the recipe delicious and pretty healthy but it also can be whipped up in the crockpot in just a few hours. The only work is shredding the chicken!
I was raised in a household that loved soup and my dad could throw together some of the best variations so it is always been a favorite meal of mine and additional bonus; great leftovers!
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Diced Onions
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Diced Peppers
- 1 tsp Cumin Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder Seasoning
- ~3 Cups of Broth (I go between Vegetable and Chicken broth – whichever I have on hand)
- Greek Yogurt/Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Place all Soup Ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high heat for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove Chicken and shred into pieces and place back into the pot.
- Cook on low heat for another 3 hours.
- Dish up into bowls, top with desired toppings, & enjoy!