It happens. I’ve been in a funk myself for the last week and a half. It just seemed to be a consistent trend where I was getting bad news every time I turned around. When it rains it pours right? I’m not even a fan of that saying but it just seems to HAPPEN THAT WAY sometimes.
And you fall into a negative mindset where you’re only focusing on what is going wrong and it can be difficult at times to pull yourself out. But guess what? Only you can make the change!
“Everyday can’t be sunny or else it would all be deserts.”
I’m sharing some simple activities you can do that will build up to a brighter mood! These work together to make a big impact so take what works for you and leave what doesn’t. But try implementing a few of these into your everyday lifestyle and see what shifts and changes for the positive.
- Give yourself 10 minutes in the morning. Just sit with your morning coffee or tea, set aside the phone and technology, and just sit with your thoughts.
- Set a positive mantra for your day. I personally like “Today might be cloudy, but my life isn’t cloudy.” This is a little thought you can come back to when you’re feeling frustrated or overwhelmed.
- Take a walk outside. It is crazy what a little bit of nature can do to pull us out of our own reality.
- Get creative! Paint, draw, write, dance, build a craft, write a song, play an instrument. Just let whatever wants to come out, come out.
- Make yourself a nice meal. Seriously, splurge on yourself with one of your all-time favorite meals.
- Work out. Release any built up stress or energy you have with a high-intensity run or weight training class. Or maybe, tap into your thoughts and process through a yoga flow.
- Meditate. Sit in stillness and remove yourself from thoughts.
- Start a gratitude journal and begin to jot down a few things that you are grateful for each day.
- Most important: Don’t get down on yourself! You’re awesome and wonderful and you have so much to be happy for!
This change will take a bit of time. It might take a few days or weeks but focus on the positive in your life. If you’re having a hard time and need to vent or talk to someone, know I am always here! You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or in DM on my Instagram @mountainhippiehealthnut. I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your hump day!!