Taking your home workout to the next level can be as simple as investing in some new workout equipment. I know this probably isn’t the best time to share this list since every store is sold out of workout gadgets but I also think it’s a great time to inspire others to pull out the set of weights or the band we have hidden in the closet. (Seriously, when we were in Walmart last weekend the weight section was completely cleaned out!)
My collection has been added to over the years for different items so my home workout routine doesn’t get stale and I can honestly say I use all of these items at least each week. Sometimes I find a really good deal at TJ Maxx or the local sporting store that I just can’t skip out on 😉 but for this list today, I’ve added all reasonably priced items from Amazon that all look to be in stock [when this post was created].
- Yoga Blocks
- I’ve found both of my at TJ Maxx. They do not match but I’m okay with that. One is heavier than the other so I will eventually invest in a matching pair but for the last couple years they have done the trick. Mine are foam but investigate the style of blocks you prefer.
- Another TJ Maxx find. I enjoy using my roller after a long run or an intense strenght training session for the upper body.
- These Brooke Burke gliders came in one of my mom’s Fab Fit Fun boxes and I definitely had to snag them for myself. Here is a good set from Amazon. I prefer to use these for lunches or under hands during plank for an added core challenge.
- 5 lb & 3 lb Weights
- A variety set of weights is the best way to make sure you have options to go heavier or lighter when needed. This set on Amazon is an amazing option.
- Great item to have for traveling! A light option you can throw into your suitcase or bag that still pack a punch for a good workout. Just like weights, I like to have a variety of strengths to have options during a workout. Another set from Amazon.
- Yoga Strap
- This is my favorite tool to stretch out my hamstrings! Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of other uses for a yoga strap but I have notoriously tight hamstrings and I try to work with the strap at least 2-3 times a week. I found on Amazon (are you noticing a theme) and this one has plenty of color options to choose from.
- Barre Ball
- If you are a barre fanatic like myself, than you know exactly what this piece of equipment is used for. It’s a love/hate relationship but definitely a workout necessity. Amazon find.
- Small Roller Ball
- Another great restorative tool for rolling out tight areas in the shoulders, gluteus, throughout the legs, and bottom of the feet. Amazon find.
I do have my eye on kettle bells and ankle weights but this list is more than enough to get your at-home workout off to a great start! Another great tip for fitness at home is to check out the endless resources available on Youtube. I have a strong theory that if you have a desire to get in-shape, you don’t need to shell out tons of $$. Here are a few videos I have tried out in the past that incorporate my equipment I recommended above.
- 30 Minute Total Body Band Workout
- 30 Minute Full Body Strength Training Workout with Weights
- 13 Minute Full Body Workout Using Core Sliders (Gliders)
I hope you enjoy these suggestions & I would love to hear what equipment you have at home that you can’t live without!