How many times have I shared this dish on my Instagram? Way too many, that’s for sure. So it’s about time I give more details on how to make it since I’m so obsessed. It started with a Hello Fresh meal which I have a tendency to start up when I’m going through a slump with new cooking ideas. This recipe just stuck, clearly.
The Mediterranean Chicken Couscous dish is very filling with refreshing, nuritioning ingredients. It’s a meal I have about once a week if I know I have a big day the next day and will need to feel energized. It also makes good left-overs if you eat within the following 2-3 days.
- 1 Chicken breast
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Zatar Seasoning
- 2/3 cup Coucous
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Dill
- Feta Cheese
- 1 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- Line a pan with a piece of foil, slice tomatoes in half, place in pan topped with olive oil, garlic, and half the dill. Cook in the oven for ~15 minutes.
- While roasting tomatoes, boil chicken in a medium pot on high on top of the stove.
- In another medium pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil on high. Once hot, pour in coucous and let cook until browned. Boil with 1 1/2 cups of water until couscous is thoroughly cooked.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked through, take out of the pot and shredded. Pour out water and rinse pan. Place shredded chicken back in the pot cook on medium for 4-5 more minutes with balsamic vinegar and zatar seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, 1 tsp water, remaining dill, and lemon juice. Stir until consitency is creamy.
- Place cooked couscous, chicken, and tomatoes in bowl and top with feta cheese and yogurt creama.