Next up in my natural beauty journey is Ilia, another brand I was introduced to by a friend. I was intrigued by this brand originally to test out the natural mascara. I’m already very picky about my makeup but mascara is at the top of the list because it is hard to come across a good one.
I’ve been trying out a few Ilia products for the last two months and am ready to increase my collection! I don’t say this lightly because natural makeup can get a pretty high price tag on it. I decided to test out a kit that included the Limitless Lash Mascara, Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40, Tinted Lip Conditioner, and the Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment. Here is what I thought of each product:
- Limitless Lash Mascara
- I was skeptical at first since it is so hard to find a good mascara but I am definitely impressed. This mascara provides length and volume as well as an even coat across my lashes. The only thing I wasn’t so happy about is this product does run slightly under the eyes but I’ll chalk that up to the recent humidity.
- Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40
- I read an article recently stating that SPF in make-up really doesn’t cover the face enough to actually protect you acurately from UV rays so we’ll ignore this element. Beside that, I was very happy with the coverage of this product. I’m a huge fan of BB cream so this seems like it would be a nice replacement.
- Tinted Lip Conditioner
- Love! The Lip Conditioner is probably my favorite item out of the batch. Most days I don’t wear a ton of color on my lips but this was a nice inbetween of chapstick and lipstick – mosturizing, light, with just the right hint of color. I will definitely be ordering additional colors!
- Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment
- I used the product the least but it isn’t because I wasn’t a fan. I typically don’t wear much on my cheeks and don’t prefer glossy lip coverage so I’m just not use to a product like this. Post-quarantine I think I’ll get more use out of this item and it will be fun to whip out on dates or nights out dancing.
Overall, Ilia will be an consistently brand on my daily makeup routine and I’m really happy with the mascara, serum skin tint, and lip conditioner. I’d love to hear if you have any Ilia favorites!