Or also known as maskne, as I like to call it and have heard around, is the breakouts and irritation you get from wearing your mask (which you should because that is very important!). I notice myself that the irritation comes from mostly wearing my mask while teaching yoga and barre classes. I probably would also see breakouts from wearing the masks while working out but I am still sticking to home workouts mostly and outdoor running. During the times I am teaching though, I’m talking a lot more and creating a lot of heat and moisture around my lips, chin, and cheeks. This is the best atmosphere for breakouts to produce.
This can be quite frustrating because who really wants to deal with pesky little pimples. But have no fear! As needed as the masks are and as annoying as the irritation and breakouts can be, there are a few things we can do to potentially avoid the consequences of wearing the masks and that comes in the form of better skin care!
My favorite skin care brands are Clinique and Beautycounter but I’m sharing a routine today that you should be able to find products within your favorite skincare line.
- Start with cleaning off your make-up and entire face (including your neck) with cool water and a make-up remover. I personally use the ‘Take the Day Off’ makeup remover from clinque with a cotton ball or pad.
- Rinse you face with water again to clean off all leftover product.
- Invest in a facial scrubbing brush. My personal Fancii brush is pictured below and I am also a fan of Clinique electric scrubbing brush. Yes, we’ve already removed our makeup but now we will use a cleaner and the scrubbing brush to remove dirt, dead skin, and grim that sits deeper in our pores. Spend a good amount of time in this step gently running the brush all over your face and neck. Rinse your face clean with water after (and then make sure to rinse clean your brush after each use).
- I just started another step of covering any outbreak spots with an Acne Spot treatment.
- I’ll then cover my face and neck with a moisturizer.
- Followed by an Overnight Resurfacing Peel.
- Then end with a Balancing Facial Oil.
I’ll then go sip on a Four Sigmatic night time mushroom tea & sleep like a little baby knowing I’ve fully taken care of my face. I know this is quite the process but covering facial skin care health is very important espesically as our faces are getting use to wearing a mask for the majority of our days.
As always, share your own skin care tips with me in the comments – you know I love to try out new products and routines!