I will be muting on this platform until for a few days to make space for resources and information to be shared. I strongly believe we all have a voice that can be used no matter the size of your following. That voice can be used to spread positivity and light.
Here are a few great resources to dive into:
- White Fragility by Robin Diangelo
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- Why I’m No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge
- Why Are All The Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria by Beverly Daniel Talum, PhD
- How To Be AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi
Places to Donate:
- National BLM Fund
- Black Visions Collective
- Communities United Against Police Brutality
- NYC Black Mutual Aid
People to follow:
- Bree Newsome
- Check Your Privilege
- Ebony Janice
- Ethel’s Club
- Equality Labs
- Kelly Hayes
I did not link any of these resources because this is a post solely on the spread of information and not meant for any promotion for this blog. If you are having any issues finding these resources, let me know and I will personally send you the link. If you would like to open up further discussion, I am also here.
Things I’m not looking forward to:
- The N’SYNC references over the next couple days.
- Mentions of Game of Thrones.
- Mentions of the new Avengers movie.
Am I completely out of the loop here to be not a fan of either of the Game of Throne or Avengers? I’ve been seeing a ton of complaining that neither is “living up to the hype” but I’m also questioning if I need to have a binge session. Literally, I considered getting an HBO Go subscription. I digress.
On to my new favorites this last month! It has been crazy hectic and I can not believe it is already May. It has been snowing here the last two days and seriously making me consider why I moved away from California in the middle of the Winter. Why do I do this to myself? But the forecast is calling for 70 degrees this weekend so that will be glorious. I’ll also be attending my next fitness training this weekend so hopefully loads of new content will be coming your way.
- Atteca – This is seriously my new favorite red Grenache wine lately. I received it in one of my monthly wine memberships and I immediately fell in love. It has a bold smooth flavor that pairs well with pasta and pizza (and you know my heart belongs to both of those).
- Coconut Aminos – I’ve recently been binging on my girl, Whitney Simmons’ YouTube videos again and she is constantly been mentioning the swamp between Soy Sauce and Coconut Aminos. I made the change this last month and you honestly can’t tell the difference.
- Running – Found my love again for one of my favorite workouts. I’ve been toying with the idea of signing up for a half marathon but I don’t want to dive in to quickly. If you’ve been following along on my Insta stories, you’ll see I’ve been playing around with interval runs mostly and normally stick to 1-3 miles.
- Yellow + Peach Nail Polish – I’ve been seeing the bright yellow nail polish everywhere and I’m. A. Fan. It’s the perfect little touch to brighten up my mood in this random snowy weather.
- American Eagle’s Destroyed White Wash Jeans – I know I am super late to the game on this trend but I finally jumped on board and I’m obsessed with how comfortable this fit is from AE. Also, these are on Sale for 20% off right now! (This does not mean I have gotten over the fear that I am going to sit in something every time I wear these.)
- No Exit by Taylor Adams – I read this book in 3 days last month. THREE. DAYS. If you like suspense then you definitely need to check out this book.
Alright, see ya next year April!