I took a bit of time to step away for some self-growth work through reading, education, and movement and girl, do I feel good now. It also might be these amazing chicken enchiladas recipe I enjoyed over the weekend. Let’s make this one simple so you can get right into the beef (or chicken) of this post.
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- 4 cups cooked + shredded Chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced +sauteed
- 1 (7.5 ounce) can diced Green Chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan. Mix chicken, sauteed onion, seasoning, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and 1 cup cheese. Add enchilada sauce.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, dividing evenly throughout the 8. Roll up tortillas and place in pan seam side down.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour, and cook for one minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly; stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in greek yogurt, 1 cup cheese, and chilies. Do not bring to boil; you do not want the yogurt to curdle. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 24 minutes and broil for final 3 minutes or until cheese on top begins to brown.
You might be thinking… this doesn’t sound very healthy? And it isn’t, but it’s delicious and sometimes that’s all that matters!