This post has been long overdue for information I wanted to post! Natural deodorant is such a hot topic the last couple years when more & more people are being cautious about what is in the products we’re putting on our body. I switched to Native about 3 years ago but noticed when I would try out the different scents, my skin would react. This reaction was typically during hot seasons like spring or summer. So my doctor suggested testing out different brands and you know this girl loooooves to try out different products. I wanted to make sure to give enough time for each of these (about 1-2 months) to see how my skin would react. This post today is a quick review of each of the different deodorants I tested out, where I got them from, and if I would continue to use them.
I was not paid to promote any of these items but this post does include some affiliate links which means if you purchase through them, I receive a small kickback. If you choose to order through these links, which you definitely do not have to, I greatly appreciate you supporting me 🙂
Starting with the Amazon deodorants:
- Native: This one is $15 off Amazon and $11.97 as a Prime member. I’ve also heard you can find it at major retailers. You’re probably familiar with the Native brand since this is the most well known for natural deodorants. I started with this one years ago and loved the Coconut Vanilla scent. I didn’t notice any problems with it while I was using this deodorant out in San Francisco where the climate is a bit drier. Once I moved to CO, I ordered the Pear & Lavender scent and summer rolled around, my skin started to become dry and itchy. I have not ordered Native since but am not against trying out the Coconut Vanilla in cooler, dryer months.
- Each & Every: Hands down my favorite that I’ve tried out so far. This one comes up for $15 on Amazon at the moment & claims to be Aluminum, Parabens, & Baking Soda free. I’ve been using Cedar & Vanilla and have not had any negative reactions. The texture is very smooth and glides right on. I actually found myself going back to this one in between trying out the others!
- Underarmed: This company won me over by having THE BEST customer service & experience. I work in Marketing so I really notice the little things companies do. This brand sent a Thank You note with the order & if you reached out to them and left a review they would send you a travel size deodorant (pictured above & can’t have enough of those!). They also provided a 20% off code with the travel size item if you wanted to start a subscription. With so many options on the market right now, this small family-ran business really knows how to build a brand relationship. This one comes up at $17 on Amazon and I tested out the Lavender & Eucalyptus as my full size and the Jasmine & Rose as the travel size. Both smell amazing and I had no reaction to these. Underarmed came as a close second for me in my testing since I just love the smoothness of Each & Every.
Now for the non-Amazon options:
- Avon OnDuty: This one was a recommendation from Mama Becky since she has been using this deodorant for years (She has recently switched to BeautyCounters). Avon is definitely the cheapest option at $3.60 but this one does not claim to be aluminum free as Aluminum Chlorohydrate is the main ingredient. It is nonscented and claims to be non-sticky and quick drying. This one was probably my least favorite as it is not the best natural option (sorry Mama Becky!).
- Cleo + Coco: This one was a recent Christmas gift from Mama Becky since it was a recommendation on Good Morning America. It is an aluminum-free, charcoal deodorant that sells for $18 and you can also find it on Amazon. I’m currently testing it out & will update this post later with more thoughts but didn’t want to leave it out. I’m not in love with the texture but the Lavender Vanilla scent is wonderful!
- Primally Pure: You know I had to add in my favorite brand, Primally Pure. I originally order this one after I saw a gal raving about it on Instagram. I ordered the Blue Tansy scent in a bundle around Black Friday a few years ago and feel in love with the scent of this deodorant. This one does contain Baking Soda so if you know your skin reacts to this ingredient than it might not be for you. The current prices on the site range from $16-$22 depending on the size you desire. I went back and ordered other products in the scent because I love it so much. (Psst: Code PrimallyAshRae will save you some $$)
Those are the few I’ve gone through in my journey so far & will continue to update. Following along with me on Instagram at @ashraeeiningyoga for day to day updates since I do still have a few on my list to try 🙂
And most importantly, have a beautiful Saturday!